What are the best ages for portrait sessions?
- For baby's first year the best ages to be photographed are newborn (up to six weeks), when baby can sit up (six to eight months) and around baby's first birthday. Beyond these milestones most families like to book sessions either annually or every other year.
What does the session fee include?
- The session fee includes your session itself, preparation of a gallery of approximately thirty images to choose from, a week online preview, and an ordering consultation with Amy. Prints and other products, including high resolution digital images, are purchased separately from our a la carte menu. Your session fee is due upon booking in order to reserve your date.
What if it rains?
- While both sunny and overcast days offer beautiful light, dark gray skies or rain warrant a reschedule. Heat waves and unusually high winds, particularly for beach sessions, may also be rescheduled. In the rare event that the session cannot take place at all your session fee will be fully refunded.
What if my child gets sick?
- If your child is under the weather it's very important to reschedule! A sick child is not a happy child, and nobody wants their children unhappy or "not themselves" for their session. If you do need to reschedule due to illness, please give as much notice as possible as there is often a waiting list for last minute openings.
What happens after our session?
- After the session, your photographer will have your images posted to an online gallery with to view within 48 hours of photo session. You will receive a password that will be for only those you want to view the images. The images will be posted for purchase for two weeks.
What methods of payment do you accept?
- Cash, personal checks, Visa, MasterCard and American Express are all welcomed.
Will all of the images from our session be available to order in the future?
- If your two week gallery isn't enough time to purchase your images, you can always extend your site for an additional 25$ per week.
What do I wear for my session?
- For newborn parents, I always suggest black or white. You want to enjoy these photos for a lifetime, so we suggest something simple and timeless and not too busy. As far as newborns go, we love shooting diaper shots with baby swaddled in your favorite blanket or wrap. You can always bring hair bows for girls and hats for boys just to add a bit of variety!
What should I know to help me prepare for my/our portrait session?
- Get plenty of rest the night before!